We have devised a range of programmes with workshops that can help you or your team.
Working with charities and especially with young people can be very rewarding, with significant benefits for everyone involved. EmployabilityUK is the education sector and employers working together to give young people a spring board to their future. Register with EmployabilityUK today to inspire and prepare a young person for their journey from education to the workplace.
Programmes we offer include:
To discuss your requirements, please contact Di Vernon on 0345 601 5551 or contact us.
Would you like to use the skills, knowledge and expertise your people have to inspire a young person and help prepare them for their future? Join a network of business people working with us to enhance the aspirations, opportunities and career prospects of enthusiastic young people.
Ways to get involved:
- Mentoring provides professional development opportunities for employee volunteers
- Hosting workplace visits to give young people a feeling of what the world of work is really like
- Sponsor EmployabilityUK as part of your corporate social responsibility programme
We design and deliver bespoke employability programmes for all types of businesses, large and small. For financial supporters, there are a range of branding and PR opportunities available. Contributions to the charity can be offset against tax and it is well known that employees are proud to work for organisations that take their community commitments seriously.
Our aim is to grow the charity with business and public sector support and make our programmes affordable for as many schools and youth organisations as possible. We want to provide a mentor for every student that would like one.
For the education sector and youth organisations
EmployabilityUK can design and deliver a bespoke employability skills programme tailored to suit your organisation. We work with all ages, ability levels and curriculum areas and make sure your programme is right for you and your students.
Mentoring Programmes from EmployabilityUK – Mentoring programme
Give your students a head start by getting support from a business mentor who has experience of the workplace.
Mentors can provide:
- Help with applications and understanding the various pathways to employment
- Advice on improving confidence and interpersonal skills
- Suggestions for networking
- Hints on how to improve employability skills
- Tips on helping your students to ‘stand out from the crowd’
The Mentoring programme provides a network of business mentors who connect with young people in schools, academies and colleges, to give an insight into their roles in the world of business and commerce. It delivers work-related skills to inspire students and give real experiences of work. The programme is very flexible, can vary in duration so it is shaped to your individual school needs. Mentoring can be one to one or in groups, which is particularly useful for students that are studying similar subjects.
The Mentoring programme aims to:
- Help students to understand what happens in the workplace
- Enhance what is learnt at school
- Raise awareness of the different routes into employment and employers’ expectations
- Link students with someone who understands the demands of the workplace and can suggest ways in which they can network and make contacts.
Do you have what it takes to inspire a young person or transform their life?
Many of our mentors and supporters have told us they found working on an EmployabilityUK programme has inspired them personally and also given them a fresh perspective on their own career. Supporting EmployabilityUK not only provides you with a high quality volunteering experience, but can enrich your own CV and increase your chances of getting picked for your dream job!
We have a range of opportunities for volunteers over the age of 18 that meet the requirements of our Volunteering Policy.
Please note; all downloads are recorded for monitoring purposes.
Get in touch via our online contact form, or call us on 0345 601 5551 to find out how you can get involved and start making a difference to someone’s life.